Monday, December 10, 2012

OK . . . it's time for this

So, you may be familiar with this song, "Istanbul (not Constantinople).  If not, don't kill me for putting this in your head!  Anyway, while the song was originally record in the 1950s it was covered in 1990 by They Might Be Giants, a smart, yet somewhat nutty, band popular with all the cool kids during that time.  (For what it's worth, I've probably seen TMBG in concert more times than any other band . . . although I'm not 100% sure about that.)  But here you go . . . don't laugh too hard at the 1990s video effects.



3 comments:

  1. We listened to this in AP World History in sophomore year when we were learning about the Turks! It's annoyingly catchy and somehow always manages to come to my mind when I think about our class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is annoyingly catchy. I must admit I really liked it when I was in college, but I was a bit of a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scared by how much I enjoyed this. :)

    ReplyDelete